What is Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
Where are you on this scale? Does your emotional pain overwhelm you?
TherapyChoice gets people heading up the scale towards Wholly Content. To do this we use Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is an evidence based form of Psychotherapy that can be used to support people with emotional problems of depression and anxiety related difficulties.
When we are distressed, anxious, stressed or depressed; our evaluation of the situations we are in, ourselves and others become negative and we take things very personally. Our Cognitive Behavioural Therapists will work with you to understand the link between the negative thoughts, actions and emotions. This helps and empowers you to control and manage your emotions and actions. It is expected that your confidence increases by learning new skills to deal with your emotional problems.
How CBT Works
CBT will help you to understand and break down the overwhelming problem into small areas and show you how they connect to each other. It will also help you to recognise how to make the changes in your thoughts and behaviours, and you will start to feel the difference in your feelings and emotions.
These small areas are as follows:
Situation – The event, situation or difficult circumstances
Thoughts – Your thinking about the situation and what it means to you and
Emotion – Your mood which is the outcome of your thinking.
Body/Physical Reactions – Feelings in your body
Behaviours – What you do in the situations.
Click to read more about CBT
Are you struggling with any of the following or more?
- Finding it difficult to deal with feeling low, depressed, hopeless and with little interest or pleasure in doing things.
- Struggling with feeling bad about yourself — or that you are a failure or have let yourself or your family down. Or you are experiencing thoughts that you would be better off dead or thoughts of hurting yourself.
- Experiencing feelings of nervousness, anxiety or you are feeling on edge all the time.
- If you worry all the time, unable to control worrying or you are worrying about worrying.
- If you are experiencing obsessive rituals and or compulsions that you find distressing; or you are having obscene thoughts that appear shameful.
- Are you experiencing feelings of irritability or getting angry all the time?
- If you are struggling to overcome and deal with childhood sexual abuse or some form of trauma?
- Are you weighed down by the way your body looks and how others see your image?
- If you are struggling with substance abuse issues and addiction problems.
- Do you have difficulties managing your emotions of anger, frustration or temper?
- Do you self harm and looking for proven techniques of managing your feelings?
- Are you having problems in your relationship or marriage?
- Have you experience traumatic events in your life that is affecting you now e.g car accident, rape, violent attacks?
- Do you suffer fear of certain situations or objects (phobia)?
- Do you avoid or struggle with going out due to fear of having panic attacks?
If you are struggling with any of the above or those not mentioned here get in touch with us or book an appointment online or contact us for a chat